Recovery of Damages for Bad Faith brings you summaries and analyses of every state and federal insurance bad faith decision to date and features how-to-do-it practice coverage of methods and strategies used by top specialists to thwart defenses and maximize awards. Both direct coverage and excess liability cases are covered in depth.
- explains how to recover compensatory and punitive damages in both first-party and third-party insurance actions
- organizes, sets forth, and analyzes relevant cases and statutes in every jurisdiction
- details effective methods for evaluating and investigating bad faith cases
- provides step-by-step guidance in preparing and managing a successful action to recover damages
- shows how to prove – and how NOT to prove – bad faith
- gives accepted methods and techniques for calculating compensatory and punitive damages
- includes current supplement