An up-to-the-minute edition of the only text devoted to this difficult topic. Frequently cited by the courts as authority, this widely owned treatise provides an incisive, well-organized analysis of every significant lost profits damages case in the federal and 50-state jurisdictions, plus invaluable practice guidance that explains how to calculate, present, and prove lost profits damages.
- cites, organizes, and skillfully analyzes every significant lost profits case — on every lost profits issue — in both contract and tort actions
- provides complete coverage of Article Two (Sales) of the Uniform Commercial Code, as well as the specific guidelines limiting recovery of economic damages in tort cases set down by the RESTATEMENT, TORTS (THIRD): PRODUCTS LIABILITY
- explains and illustrates both theoretical and practical approaches to calculating the true extent of damages
- serves as a complete guide on how to prove — and how NOT to prove — lost profits damages, with detailed new coverage of such subjects as qualification of lost profits experts, the foundation for testimony on lost profits, the form of the lost profits expert opinion, and presentation of evidence
- insightful and practical discussions and analysis of the foreseeability rule, the economic loss rule, how to discount future damages, and the admissibility of economic damages expert testimony under Daubert principles
- new outlines for direct and cross-examination of damages expert witnesses
- supplemented twice yearly
2 volumes. $325.00, plus California, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey Sales Tax if applicable (includes current supplement). 30-day return privilege. Free future supplements if issued within 6 months of purchase.